Date: April 23, 2020
To our Patients:
The team at Incredible Smiles thanks you for your patience as we return calls and schedule you. We have transitioned to our normal routine services including elective services as well. We are here to assist with all needs including things that you have been holding off on calling about: broken teeth, sensitivities, teeth cleanings, fillings, etc.
We have always been committed to following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations for infection control. To ensure our patients receive the best and safest care, we also follow infection control best practices as outlined by the American Dental Association. This includes standard precautions, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, disinfection and hospital grade instrument sterilization.
You may notice that we have removed any unnecessary reading materials from the reception area to limit “touch” surfaces. Our team has utilized the recent down time to ensure that each employee has been retrained on OSHA safety regulations, CDC Infection Control Guidelines and new protocols recently put into place.
To provide a safe and healthy visit for each patient, we will be asking several questions regarding health history prior to your visit. We will take your temperature upon arrival and will be limiting the number of patients in the reception area. Unless necessary, please do not bring family or friends inside the office. If necessary, it is required that we screen this person for COVID-19 as well. Please do wait in the hallway just outside the office until we are ready for you. The chairs in the hallway have at least a 6 foot distance between them.
We want you, our valued patient, to know that your safety is of utmost importance to us and want to reassure you that things will get back to some routine we call normal. Some of you have already returned to our office for routine care and you know our new routine is thorough and caring. Our team is looking forward to seeing you at your next dental visit. Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have.
Lori Kemmet, DDS and team
Incredible Smiles is open and we are excited to see you!
We have these protocols in place for your safety and ours:
- Notify someone on our team if you are not feeling well: symptoms of dry cough, fever, excessive tiredness, loss of taste or smell or any other flu-like symptoms.
- Wait in the hallway outside the office where the chairs are spaced 6 feet apart. We will let you know when we are ready for you.
- When in the reception room wear your mask and respect the 6 foot physical distance between you and others.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival. If it is 100.5 or higher we will reschedule. If accompanied by a family member, we will take their temperature too.
- We will ask you to wash your hands for 20 seconds and perform two – 30 second mouth rinses of a water and hydrogen peroxide combination.
- Cough or sneeze in the crook of your arm.
- Minimize touching objects in the office. We have removed unnecessary “touchable” objects for the time-being.
- Every room will be cleaned and disinfected after every patient in accordance with the CDC guidelines.