Reading the New York Times this morning I found this article on the front page of the Business Day Section. The preservative: MI (methylisothiazolinone) is used in mouthwash and other consumer products by companies like Kimberly-Clark, Johnson&Johnson, etc. to slow the growth of bacteria. MI can trigger allergies. Avoid Colgate total Lasting White. I avoid this company altogether as well as Crest products. Sensodyne is a safe go to toothpaste. Don’t use mouthwash – it makes your mouth feel clean for 5 minutes with little to no long lasting benefit. Mechanical removal of bacteria is best! Brush, Floss and use a Waterpik! MI is the allergen of the year and is found in baby wipes, soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc.